ms Uma Bharati
- Department : Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation
- Constituency : Jhansi.
- Party : Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Date of Birth : Sunday, May 3, 1959.
- State Name : Uttar Pradesh.
- Permanent Address : B-6, Shyamala Hills,Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, Tel: (0755)2441397.
- Education Qualifications : 6th Standard
- Present Address : 6, Akabar Road,New Delhi - 110011.
- Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Uma Bharti was born on May 3, 1959 in Tikamgarh, Madhya Pradesh to a religious Lodhi family of peasants. She has attended school up to sixth standard. Uma Bharti is an Indian politician belonging to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Uma Bharti is known for her stringent religious beliefs and is popular as the 'sanyasin' politician. She played a key role in the Ram Janmabhoomi Movement of Ayodhya. Presently, she is the Union Minister for Water Resources & Ganga Rejuvenation.
- 1988 onwards Vice-President, Bharatiya Janata Party (B.J.P.), Madhya Pradesh
- 1989 Elected to 9th Lok Sabha
- 1990 Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Agriculture
- 1990-92 Member, Consultative Committee, Constituted under the Punjab State Legislature (Delegation of Power) Act, 1987
- 1991 Re-elected to 10th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- 1991-93 Member, Public Accounts Committee
- 1993 President, B.J.P., Youth Wing
- 1996 Re-elected to 11th Lok Sabha (3rd term)
- 1996-97 Member, Standing Committee on Science and Technology, Environment and Forests
- 1998 Re-elected to 12th Lok Sabha (4th term)
- 1998-99 Union Minister of State, Human Resource Development
- 1999 Re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha (5th term) (resigned from Lok Sabha Seat on 18.12.2003
- 13 Oct. 1999- 2 Feb. 2000 Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Tourism (Resigned on 2 Feb. 2000)
- 7 Nov. 2000- 25 Aug. 2002 Union Cabinet Minister, Youth Affairs & Sports
- 26 Aug. 2002- 29 Jan. 2003 Union Cabinet Minister, Coal and Mines
- Dec. 2003 - Aug. 2004 Chief Minister, Madhya Pradesh.
- March 2012 - May 2014 Member, U.P. Legislative Assmebly
- May, 2014 Re-elected to 16th Lok Sabha (6th term)
- 27 May 2014 - until September 2017 Union Cabinet Minister, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- 3 September 2017 - Minister of Drinking Water & Sanitation Incumbent