shri Narendra Singh Tomar
- Department : Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare; Ministry of Rural Development; and Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- Constituency : Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh).
- Party : Bhartiya Janta Party.
- Date of Birth : 12 Jun 1957.
- State Name : Madhya Pradesh.
- Permanent Address : B-144, Professor Colony, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh Tel : (0755) 2660416, 09013180134 (M).
- Education Qualifications : Graduate: Agriculturist.
- Present Address : 3, Krishna Menon Marg, New Delhi -110 011 Tels. : (011) 23794696, 23794697,23794698,09013180134 (M).
- Email Address : email@example.com
About/Political Activities and achievement: He Tomar made his inroads into politics in the year 1980. He was appointed as the President of BJP Youth Forum in Gwalior. The BJP head of Madhya Pradesh, the political career of Tomar has always been an upward movement. Starting as a municipal councillor, today he has reached the position of a Cabinet Minister. Tomar has occupied various positions in the BJP and also played a key role in the party's victory in the Lok Sabha elections. His dedication and hard work led the party win 27 Lok Sabha seats out of 29. He was elected as the Member of legislative Assembly (MLA) of Madhya Pradesh twice between 1998 and 2008. He won the assembly elections from Morena constituency. Tomar became the union minister in 2003 and held portfolio of rural development. In 2006 he was appointed as the party president of Madhya Pradesh. The rise in his political career continued. In 2007, Tomar was elected to the Rajya Sabha. He won the 2014 General Elections from Gwalior and thus secured his position in the Modi cabinet. After taking oath as the Cabinet Minister, Tomar said he "will soon have a meeting with senior officers in the ministry to chalk out the 100 day road map for action as stipulated by the Prime Minister". He further added that "emphasis will be on imparting skill development with avenues of employment". A strong follower of BJP, Tomar has a clean image. He has never been involved in any kinds of scandals and has no criminal records in his account. Rising steadily and swiftly in his career, Tomar always shared a harmonious relationship with the RSS. He was called 'Munna Bhaiya' by Babulal Gaur. Source: http://www.elections.in/political-leaders/narendra-singh-tomar.html http://www.archive.india.gov.in/govt/loksabhampbiodata.php?mpcode=4507