shri Ananth kumar
- Department : Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
- Constituency : Bangalore South.
- Party : Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Date of Birth : Wednesday, July 22, 1959
- State Name : Karnataka
- Permanent Address : No. 84, Shashwati, Ranoji Rao Road, Basavanagudi,Bangalore - 560 004, KarnatakaTel. (080) 26568484 Telefax. (080) 26568483.
- Education Qualifications : B.A., LL.B.
- Present Address : 26, Tughlak Crescent,New Delhi - 110 011Tel. (011) 23794754, 9868180284 (M, Fax: (011) 23012791.
- Email Address : email@example.com
Ananth Kumar (born 22 July 1959) is an Indian politician belonging to the Bharatiya Janata Party. Since 1996 he has represented Bengaluru South constituency in the Lok Sabha. AnanthKumar is holding charge of two key ministries - serving as Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers since May 2014 and as Minister of Parliamentary Affairs since July 2016 in the Narendra Modi government. About/Political Activities and achievement: Having been influenced by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, he was a member of its student wing, the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad. During the Emergency, he was imprisoned along with thousands of other student activists by the Indira Gandhi government. He was elected as the State Secretary of the ABVP and later, became its National Secretary in 1985. He later joined BJP and was nominated as the State President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha. He was then made National Secretary of the party in 1996. He was elected from Bengaluru South Lok Sabha constituency to the 11th Lok Sabha in 1996. In 1998 he was re-elected and was inducted into the Union Cabinet headed by Atal Bihari Vajpayee as the Minister for Civil Aviation and he was the youngest cabinet ministry in that Government. In 1999, he was re-elected to a 3rd Consecutive term and became a cabinet minister in the National Democratic Alliance government. He handled various ministries like Tourism, Sports & Youth Affairs, Culture, Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation. He became the President of the Karnataka state unit of BJP in 2003 and led the state unit which became the single largest party in the Legislative Assembly and won the highest number of Lok Sabha seats in 2004 in Karnataka . In 2004, he was appointed National General Secretary of the BJP contributing to building the party in MP, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and other states. On 26 May 2014, Kumar was appointed Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers in the cabinet of the current Indian Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananth_Kumar